December 13, 2016

Wanderlust advent calendar by NYX

The countdown to Christmas has began! I remember when I was a kid, I would always look forward to eat my daily, tinny chocolate and/or candy cane from my advent calendar. As I grew up, my love for chocolate have decreased but, over the past few years, some new types of advent calendars started showing up on the market.  This year, the beauty industry went mad. Almost every brands had their own advent calendar which made it difficult to chose only one. They are a little - a lot - more pricey than your average chocolate calendars but you get to try a tons of products for that price which doesn't make it as bad. This year, I got the NYX one called Wanderlust. 


In this one, you get twelve NYX Soft matte lip creams and twelve eye shadows. The lip creams aren't new, I have a couple of them in my makeup stash but I had never seen these shadows before. As you probably already know, the Soft matte lip creams are all named after cities (ex: London, Prague, Copenhagen, etc), well, they did the same thing for the shadows. Each lip creams have their matching named eye shadows.  

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen

Its packaging is so cute. The outside is a black suitcase and the inside is white with iconics drawings from cities all over. If you get this, just letting you know that these lippies are a struggle to take out, I already broke two nails... Be careful! After playing and trying all these lippies, I noticed the formula isn't constant. Some shades are opaque with only one swipe when some are streaky and patchy no matter how many layers you apply. The tube says matte but some shades doesn't quite dry all the way. It's a hit and miss with these Soft matte lip creams.

From left to right: Prague, Monte Carlo, Milan

Prague is a bright pink shade but more on the darker side. It glides on the lips in one swipe! Monte Carlo is a blue-based red although it looks a lot more pink when on the lips. I didn't like the formula of this shade. It was really patchy. Milan is a natural pink shade that would go with a lot of looks. Perfect for everyday!

From left to right: Transylvania, Addis Ababa, Copenhagen

Transylvania and Copenhagen were both shades I was excited to get but when I tried them on, they left me really disappointed. I don't recommend the dark shades from this range, they're very patchy and unless you line all your lips with a matching lip liner, they won't look like in the tube. Addis Ababa is a bright fushia, perfect for summer parties when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup. It reminds me a lot of Prague but in a more vibrant tone. 


p.s. A review of the matching eye shadows will be up in the next few weeks. I just want to keep playing with them a little more before giving you my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment