December 3, 2016

Love contours all palette by NYX

Finding the new NYX holiday sets in stores was a struggle. There's not a lot of NYX counters/displays where I live and they are very small. I was surprised to see this palette on display a few weeks ago. I had only seen the Wanderlust lips+eyes in the new products section online and saw no one talking about this one which was odd because whenever a new palette hits the market, bloggers and beauty vloggers makes sure to get their hands on it. The Love contours all palette contains nine eye shadows, two brow powders (a light taupe and a darker brown), two contour shades/bronzers and two highlighters. The eye shadows are what caught my eyes first. It's difficult to find shades that aren't browns and/or other neutrals at the drugstore. That's a reason I love NYX, they have a wide range of shades and are great quality. This palette has a great balance of warm tones - my faves - and cool tones.


My first thoughts when I swatched them was: NYX changed their formula. These are more buttery and soft than their previous shadows - not hating on NYX! The texture reminded me of their prismatic shadows, which I love. The shimmer shades works best when wet but that's not an issue for me; I wet my shadows most of the time. I was very surprised by the highlighters, I don't own a lot - only three - so I was happy to have two in that palette. They're well pigmented and not too glittery. I can't use the gold one on its own but, I mix it with the pinky shade and it makes a beautiful rose-gold color that works perfect for my skintone. They're not too intense nor settle, they give the perfect amount of glow. The light bronzer (on the left) is perfect for contouring with warm colors. You don't have to use cool tones, warm tones can work too depending on the color or the bronzer and your complexion. It's not orange while still pulling on the warm side. For the eyebrows shades, I use them as eye shadows. The texture is the exact same so it doesn't matter. I prefer pomades for my eyebrows, powder is too natural for me - I'm so extra. I've been using this palette everyday since I got it, you can do a lot of different looks with it. Grab it when you see it!



No comments:

Post a Comment